IRVINE, Calif., Sept. 09, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — We know how important it is to stay connected in the event of a power outage. We are committed to ensuring that Verizon customers can use their mobile devices during business power outages, including Public Safety Power Outages (PSPS) events.
Verizon has backup batteries at all of our macro cell sites (towers) and permanent generators at the majority of our cell sites and at all of our switch locations (network hubs), which we are able to replenish in the event of outages. of prolonged current. These back-up power sources help keep our network running when commercial power fails.
Electricity providers in parts of California and Oregon have announced PSPS events for the weekend beginning September 9, 2022. For more information on PSPS events, please visit your provider’s website local electricity:
Prepare in advance
Verizon’s retail team is ready to help customers and ensure they have the right devices, accessories and connectivity to prepare for extended power outages, mandatory evacuation orders and to other extreme circumstances. Convenient options like locker, curbside, and in-store pickup also provide quick ways to get in and out.
In addition to the right technology, customers will also want to take steps to ensure their families are prepared for power outages, wildfires and other weather events.
- Keep devices fully charged: Make sure devices are ready by keeping phone and tablet batteries fully charged.
- Get a backup: When the power goes out for an extended period, portable batteries and car chargers can become essential to staying connected.
- Create a list: Keep a list of emergency numbers so they are easily accessible.
- Be prepared for loss: Take photos of valuables and other important possessions for possible insurance claims. And make sure they are uploaded to the cloud as a backup.
- Review checklists: Review the fire safety recommendations and other resources from the American Red Cross.
- Download useful apps: There are many free forest fire, weather, news, and security notification apps available for download.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) was established on June 30, 2000 and is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services. Headquartered in New York and operating globally, Verizon generated revenues of $133.6 billion in 2021. The company provides data, video and voice services and solutions across its award-winning networks and platforms, meeting customer demand for mobility, reliable network connectivity, security and control.
VERIZON ONLINE MEDIA CENTER: Press releases, articles, media contacts and other resources are available at verizon.com/news. Press releases are also available via an RSS feed. To subscribe, visit www.verizon.com/about/rss-feeds/.