A leading network traffic engineering solution in the network automation market is Paragon Scout by Juniper Networks.
A significant challenge for enterprises is to rapidly deploy network services to Reduced CapEX and OpEx. Yet, an increase in traffic demand leads to service degradation and network failure issues. And because network applications and their environments are dynamic, their performance requirements change over time. Companies are looking for flexible solutions to optimize their network infrastructure through effective traffic engineering solutions.
Paragon Pathfinder ka helps optimize network architecture and ensures predictable, resilient and service level guarantees. Paragon Pathfinder can also detect potential problems on the network and, before customers experience service degradation, it fixes them automatically. It helps improve network visibility and control as well as improve end-user experience.
See below for all about Juniper’s Paragon Pathfinder and where it fits in the network automation industry:
Juniper Networks and the Network Automation Market
About 80% of network outages are due to human error, according to the 2021 “Network Automation Market Report.” To deliver optimal experiences, network automation is essential. Businesses cannot depend on manual or semi-automated network management as the risk of network failure is increasing. Additionally, as traffic patterns change frequently, they also require real-time configuration changes.
Other associated issues are: failing service delivery; costly breakdowns; long repairs; and delayed service activation.
Implementing network automation can solve these problems and promise faster, more agile, and more efficient service delivery at optimized costs. It also increases IT productivity by standardizing processes and streamlining network changes.
Therefore, more and more organizations are turning to network automation solutions. The 2022 “Network Automation Statistics” indicates that by 2027, the global network automation market size will reach $22.58 billion.
In the industry, Juniper Networks has developed solutions to transform network experiences to maximize user efficiency and operational performance. These efforts have, for example, resulted in Juniper Networks being named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Indoor Location Services in 2022.
Juniper Network Paragon Wallet
Juniper Networks Paragon Automation Solutions helping businesses optimize their network operations and deliver a solid service experience. The solutions have been designed for 5G and multicloud environments with a focus on quality network service. There are five products included in the suite:
- Paragon Planner: for network planning, modeling and simulation
- Paragon Previews: for real-time data analysis and network visualization
- Paragon Scout: for simplified traffic engineering solutions
- Paragon Active Insurance: for network performance verification and service configuration validation
- Anuta ATOM Network Automation Platform: for network and service configuration and compliance management
Paragon Pathfinder is an essential component of the Paragon automation solution that can proactively plan and monitor heavy traffic loads with closed-loop automation.
Features of Paragon Pathfinder
Paragon Pathfinder is a software-defined network controller (SDN) which helps enterprises orchestrate network functions for seamless operations, acting as an interface between the network infrastructure and the organization. It uses a centralized control pane for better network management. MPLS/RSVP capabilities, network slicing, or segment routing can be implemented to map traffic flows onto an existing physical topology.
Segment routing is an effective solution to simplify engineering and traffic management in various network domains because it relies on a source-based routing architecture that can remove state information from network nodes and transit routers. As a result, the network design is simplified.
Paragon Pathfinder also helps centralize path communication for efficient network implementation and operations. It can identify potential problems associated with the network and receive real-time performance monitoring via Junos telemetry interface. It then forwards the data to a performance management system to measure link and node usage trends. It can also solve network congestion problems.
Its other key features also include:
- Provides network optimization with path calculation algorithms
- Provides an intelligent interface between SR-enabled networks and RSVP-TE networks
- Address multi-layered optimization
- Schedules maintenance events to redirect traffic
- Provides detailed information, such as node status, link utilization, segment routing paths, and label-switched paths (LSPs), via live network topology maps
- Helps in real-time monitoring of IP/MPLS paths as well as routing of provisioning segments
- Provides solutions for the complex computation of inter-domain paths
Key Benefits of Paragon Pathfinder
Pathfinder optimizes network performance metrics and assures service levels to users using monitoring techniques and practices. It also identifies reliability issues through network latency and response time analysis. As such, it provides an in-depth understanding of network activity.
Ordering and synchronization of paths
Paragon Pathfinder uses signaling on routed network elements to provide specific path ordering and network synchronization. As a result, it eliminates congestion scenarios by efficiently mapping traffic flows to available resources.
As it provides a holistic view of network status, enterprises can comprehensively monitor, manage and plan network architecture. It also assesses network bandwidth demand and modifies LSP attributes accordingly.
Deterministic and predictable network state
Pathfinder can also help with demand forecasting and calculate deterministic and predictable network states for better preparedness. The margin of error is minimal.
As 5G networking has developed, network slicing has become an indispensable part. This configuration can help manage traffic flow and meet key business needs with wide and dynamic network connectivity. Paragon Pathfinder helps orchestrate transport network slicing for fifth-generation network solutions.
As business operations are heavily dependent on cloud platforms, Paragon Pathfinder provides a highly available, redundant, and scalable cloud architecture that supports virtual machines (VMs) and containers. It also provides flexible deployment solutions.
Paragon Pathfinder Use Cases
Juniper Networks Paragon Pathfinder use case to understand:
- Flexible bandwidth scheduling and optimization
- Network visualization and defragmentation with traffic engineering solutions
- Maintenance of SLAs and support for automatic path restoration
- Optimization of Interior Gateway Protocol (IGP) metrics
- Automatic, fast and accurate network deployment with predictive network insights
- Optical multi-layer packet integration through dynamic interaction with traffic controllers
The key differentiators that make Paragon Pathfinder a distinguished network controller are:
- Paragon Pathfinder’s architecture conforms to the Path Computing Element (PCE) defined in RFC 5440.
- It includes Path Computation Client (PCC), the client-side component of the network device, and follows the Patch Computation Element Protocol (PECP).
- It ensures a consistent experience and maximizes the return on network investments.
- Since it eliminates manual intervention and relies on artificial intelligence (AI) technologies, it can effectively detect network outages, perform simulations, and initiate maintenance requests.
- It provides configuration backup and adapts to changes, depending on network requirements.
- It can discover network topology using IGP peering, BGP-LS updates, and REST API calls. It uses the concept of abstract topology, according to IETF standards.
User Reviews for Paragon Pathfinder
Paragon Pathfinder users rave about the product and appreciate the software’s ability to dynamically and proactively monitor and manage the production workload. A TrustRadius The user claims that this software helps his organization with a highly optimized, resilient and robust networking system. They gain more control and better security by automating traffic flow. They are also impressed with the simple one-click traffic redirection solutions.
A Gartner Peer Insights The reviewer also states that Paragon products have integration capabilities and use an advanced analytics engine to provide network visibility. As a result, monitoring a network and improving business process agility becomes easier. The attractive factors of the products are the scope of services offered in a complete package at an optimal cost.
However, some Paragon Pathfinder users report issues when writing scripts for network automation. Building a dedicated user community can solve the problem to some extent, as users can enjoy a platform to share scripts and provide various information. Another issue reported by some users is the limited number of pricing options available for products.
|Review site||Juniper Paragon Product||Evaluation|
|TrustRadius||Paragon Scout||7 out of 10|
|Gartner Peer Insights||Paragon Previews||4 out of 5|
|G2||Paragon Automation Suite||4.8 out of 5|
Jupiter’s Paragon Automation Suite is a premium package that has helped enterprises with modern network traffic solutions. It provides a self-healing mechanism and is a crucial stepping stone to the self-driving network. Paragon Pathfinder is an essential component of the enterprise automation solution that provides operational simplicity through an SDN control point. It is a true multi-vendor solution, as it provides multi-layered views of the network, eliminating the need for manual configuration. Therefore, it can help enterprises with operational excellence and optimized network performance, solving the most demanding network challenges.