This tutorial is about using Microsoft Outlook as an RSS feed reader. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Use Microsoft Outlook as an RSS Feed Reader. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to use Microsoft Outlook as an RSS feed reader
Do you follow various websites and check out new content every day? Instead of going to each site individually and checking their homepage for new content, there is an easier way to find out what’s new called RSS. RSS stands for “Really Simple Syndication” or originally “Rich Site Summary”. It is a web feed or aggregator that allows you to get up-to-date content from various websites in a standard format. For more information, see our article explaining RSS feeds.
You can subscribe to RSS feeds using an RSS reader such as Feebly, Inoreader or Feeder. However, if you already use Outlook for your email, you can also use it as an RSS reader. By default, Outlook adds an RSS feed folder to each email account. You can use this folder for all your RSS feeds, but all articles from all your feeds will be grouped in this folder. A better idea is to create a subfolder in the RSS Feeds folder for each feed you want to follow.
How to Use Microsoft Outlook as an RSS Feed Reader
- RSS feeds in Microsoft Outlook are created in the “RSS Subscriptions” folder.
- Right-click on the “RSS Subscription” folder and select “Add New RSS Feed”.
- In the “New RSS Feed” window that appears, enter the feed address of the website or blog you want to follow, then click “Add”.
- If you are happy with the default settings, select “Yes”.
- If you want to view or change the default settings, click “Advanced”.
- This will open the “RSS Feed Options” panel. Change the “Source name” or the folder where the articles will be displayed, then click “OK”.
- Now select “Yes” to continue.
- A new folder for the feed will be created in the “RSS Subscriptions” folder and Microsoft Outlook will fetch the latest feeds for you.
- Deleting a subscription is as simple as right-clicking the feed folder and selecting “Delete Folder”.
Final Words: How to Use Microsoft Outlook as an RSS Feed Reader
Hope you understand this article How to Use Microsoft Outlook as an RSS Feed Reader, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.